Friday, December 28, 2012

Mariah Carey's Liquid Sand

I got my hands on the new Liquid Sand polishes from the Mariah Carey 2013 collection!!

I got them at a San Francisco beauty supply store for just $5! What a steal. Here are some bottle shots of the polish: 

I purchased The Impossible and Can't Let Go. These are the pink and purple shades of the collection.  



Here is the mani I did with the purple shade- Can't Let Go. I also did an accent nail of OPI Gift Cards for Everyone and Goldeye from the Skyfall collection. 







I LOVED these finishes. I've heard a lot of buzz about them and a lot of folks didn't like the texture and grittiness. But I love them!! I think they look so interesting. 

Can't Let Go has silver hexes as well as the general matte glitter which I love. It was super easy to apply, and the polish out of the bottle is liquid-y and glides on easily. It takes a while to dry, and I smudged this mani about 10-15 minutes after applying. So, I suggest doing it when you have time to wait. 


This is The Impossible. This one has silver stars, but I didn't get any of them in this application. I also did an accent nail with OPI Goldeneye dotted with Sally Hansen Slick Slate. I kind of screwed up the dotting, as you can see, but I'm new! And wanted to show the Liquid Sand despite the mess up....


I actually this The Impossible is my favorite. Also, super easy to apply. I love the texture, I don't find the grittiness to be annoying or unattractive. I just think it's a new different finish. I'm a big fan of matte and glitter, so this is a great combo to both!! I hope these stay in style for a while! 




No comments:

Post a Comment